Qualifications of a Director
- A Director shall be eighteen or more years of age and a resident of the Province of Ontario.
- No person is eligible to be or shall act as Director unless the person is a member of the Corporation and insured therein for the time the person holds office and is entitled to vote.
- No undischarged bankrupt shall be a Director, and if the Director becomes bankrupt, the person thereupon ceases to be a Director.
- No person shall be eligible for election or appointment after having attained their sixty-seventh birthday; provided that if at that time the Director is the Chair or a Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Farm Mutual Reinsurance Plan Inc. or the Ontario Mutual Insurance Association the Director may be elected for one further three year term so as to allow such Director to complete their director’s term on the executive of the Farm Mutual Reinsurance Plan Inc. or the Ontario Mutual Insurance Association.
For more information about the roles and responsibilities of a Director, please click on the following:
Letter of Notifcation
- The Letter of Notification must be submitted before December 19, 2023, by hand delivery to any Salus branch and to the attention of the CEO, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need business insurance? Find an agent to talk about how we can give you peace of mind about your business.