When accidents happen, we treat you like a neighbour, not a number.
Salus Mutual knows how hard you work to make sure that your auto, home, farm, and business property is secure.
Fairness, equity, and quick response are the three main principles of our Claims Department. Our professional adjusting staff believe in providing expert and compassionate service. That's why, in the event of a claim, we're there with immediate, detailed claims service to get you back on track as soon as possible.
We're here to help you prevent accidents and losses before they happen.
At Salus Mutual, we are also your partner in loss prevention. We offer loss prevention services and programs for fire extinguishers and theft prevention. At each of our branches, we stock smoke and water detectors, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide alarms, car safety kits, and vehicle deer whistles that we can provide to our policyholders for free or at a reduced cost.
Accidents don't have a schedule, that's why we're always ready to help.
When the unexpected happens, our Claims Team is always here to help when you need it most. Claims and losses can be reported at our offices during regular business hours. If your loss happens outside these hours, you can reach us on our 24-hour emergency line (1-877-488-6642) or file a claim online through our website and we will get back to you within one business day. With Salus Mutual's strength and service behind you, you can get back to what's important - living!
General Property Loss Tips:
- If you have a property loss, it is important that you make every effort to prevent further damage to your property. Please wait until you have been contacted by an adjuster before tearing down or initiating any repairs to your property. If repairs are needed immediately to prevent further loss, please take photos of the damage.
- Save receipts for materials you use. We will cover any reasonable cost associated with protecting your property if the loss is covered by your policy.
- It's important to always keep the items that caused the damage until your claims adjuster tells you to dispose of them.
- Make a list of damaged items and the damages to your home.
- If you are planning on leaving home for an extended period (over four days), you MUST have a competent person check your home daily during the heating season OR turn off the water and drain the pipes for coverage to apply.
- Maintaining a home inventory is very useful in case of a loss. Wherever possible, keep documents to prove the value of items, such as photos, invoices, or receipts. An Excel spreadsheet may be a useful tool for assisting you in preparing this inventory.
- It is helpful to have a video or pictures of your dwelling contents, should you ever need to replace damaged items. These videos/photos should be shared with family members to prevent them from damage as a result of a loss.